Smoothies aren’t just an ordinary snack that you consume when you’re tired to cook and prepare a “real” meal. Smoothies are the food that, yes, you cook when and because you’re exhausted but also because your body and organism need a boost and a reboot action that will take them back in the wellness game.
Protein, the most important macronutrient in your daily diet habits, is something that many smoothies lack because of the consumer’s laziness or lack of knowledge. Except protein powder and peanut butter, there are some new ingredient ideas and foods that you can use to strengthen your favorite smoothie recipe. Our newest and most favorite ingredient is cottage cheese. Don’t make that grumpy face and the disapproving sounds, because first you gotta try and then criticize.
For start, here are few recipes that you and your stomach are going to fancy.
Berry basil smoothie
- 2 tbsps. cottage cheese (brand by choice)
- 2 cups fresh berries mix (raspberries, blueberries and strawberries)
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of fresh organic basil leaves
- 1 cup almond milk
Mix all the ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth. Make sure you don’t leave any cottage cheese lumps.
Mango and chia seeds smoothie
- 1 ½ tbsps. low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup mango chunks, drained
- 1 tbsp. agave syrup or honey (without additional sugars)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut water or milk
- 1 tsp. fresh coconut flakes
Add the milk and the cheese and blend on high power. Let settle, add the rest of the ingredients and blend again on medium speed while smooth. Let settle again and serve in a smoothie glass with ice cubes. Yummy!
- 2 tbsps. cottage cheese
- 1 cup mango
- ¼ mango slices, or mashed mango
- Mix of fresh leafy greens by choice
- 1 tsp. Matcha powder
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp. sunflower seeds
- Ice (optional)
Blend the leafy greens with the coconut water and then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you get the smoothest…smoothie.
Blueberries and banana smoothie
- 1 tbsp. cottage cheese
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg powder
- 1 cup coconut or soy vanilla milk
- Ice (optional)
- More cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish/sprinkled topping
Blend and mix all the ingredients until the cottage cheese is broken down and smooth.